Not so long ago, the selection of e-liquid (Vape Juice) for electronic cigarettes was extremely limited for vapers. If you weren’t into DIY or modifying, your options were basically limited to a few high-PG e-liquids and cigalike cartridges. Today, however, there are countless possibilities. In addition to the enormous variety of flavors you can select from, you can also choose between high PG and high VG, nicotine salts and freebase, and more. This variety is beneficial in many ways since it allows you to customize your vaping experience to fit your own preferences. For someone just starting out, it might also make buying e-juice complicated.
Understanding a handful of the important terminology you’ll occasionally hear in the realm of vaping is beneficial. When looking for the best e-liquid, you could run across terms like:
- Nicotine salts: Tobacco leaves naturally contain salts that are used to create a type of e-juice that has a smoother throat hit. On the other hand, e-liquid without these nicotine salts is referred to as freebase liquid.
- Hybrid e-liquids: These juices include both freebase nicotine and nicotine salts.
- Propylene Glycol (PG). PG is thinner than VG and offers a stronger throat punch when used in e-liquid.
- Vegetable Glycerin, or VG. VG is significantly sweeter, thicker, and produces a smoother throat hit than PG.
- Mouth to lung, or MTL – A vaping technique known as MTL entails pulling vapour into the lips and briefly holding it there before inhaling it into the lungs.
- Direct to lung: DTL. DTL refers to inhaling the vapors into the lungs directly (without holding it in the mouth first).
Selecting your nicotine level
You must determine the ideal nicotine strength for you whether you use a basic e-cigarette or a sophisticated vape mod. The catch is that if you select a nicotine dosage that is too low, you might not find vaping to be sufficiently pleasant and are less likely to successfully quit smoking. If you choose a juice that has too much nicotine, you can suffer from the unpleasant effects of nicotine overdose (nausea, increased heart rate, headache, or dizziness). Here is a helpful generalization:
- If you smoke 15 to 20 cigarettes or more each day, you should search for e-liquids with higher nicotine content (2% or more). In this manner, even without cigarettes, you’ll be more likely to actually satiate your desires.
- If you smoke less or favor mild cigarettes, you can typically choose e-juice with a lower nicotine level (0.6% to 1.2%). Generally speaking, it’s a good idea to start low and build up as necessary.
Remember that if the first nicotine level you try doesn’t suit you, you can always try a different one!
There are numerous options and things to think about once you’ve chosen a nicotine strength to try in order to locate the best vape juice for you. Here are some pointers to get you going.
- Strong throat hit e-liquid. Many people genuinely love the harshness at the back of the throat when they are used to smoking cigarettes. Look for an e-juice with a greater PG content to better mimic the throat hit you might miss after quitting smoking.
- E-liquid for a throat hit that is softer. You have a few options if the strong throat hit turns you off. First, pick nicotine salts, which smooth down the throat hit and speed up the delivery of nicotine. Second, while these are more popular with vapers who use more sophisticated equipment and desire larger, more voluminous clouds of vapour, you might search for a higher-VG juice.
- Cigalike e-liquid. There are two options if you want your vape cigarette experience to more closely resemble that of smoking a regular cigarette. Again, a beverage with a higher PG content will give you a stronger throat hit that feels more like smoking a cigarette.
A note on taste
You’ll soon realize there are countless options when you go to buy your first bottle of e-liquid. The easiest method to discover your favorites is to just explore with different flavors because your choice of flavor is highly personal. Decide if you want a tobacco or menthol flavor or something completely different, like a fruity or dessert flavor, is the key. But once more, the best approach to discover what you like is to give it a try. Don’t be shocked if you wind up with a sizable collection of options you like because many individuals think that one of the most enjoyable aspects of vaping is exploring new e-juices.
As you can see, selecting your vape juice involves many factors. However, it becomes much simpler to limit down your best possibilities once you have a basic understanding of the numerous elements and can pinpoint your particular demands. Enjoy discovering the fantastic and diverse world of e-liquids!